Problems Upgrading an Old Version 5 Cashbook File
In order for Cashbook to be able to upgrade an older Version 5 file to Version 6, the Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime needs to be installed on your computer. If you've been running Cashbook with either the 2013 or 2016 Runtime, then you will not be able to upgrade Version 5 files until you've either installed the 2010 Runtime, or see the "Alternative Approach" below.
Please get a friend or computer person to assist if you're unable to follow these steps.
- Click here to download the "Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime"
- You will be given the option to download either of these files:-
- When the download has finished, double-click the "AccessRuntime.exe" file to install it
- Click here to download the "Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime - Service Pack 2"
- When the download has finished, double-click the "accessrtsp2010-kb2687444-fullfile-x86-en-us.exe" file to install it
You may be required to reboot your computer after this, but after that, you should be able to use Cashbook Complete as normal.
You can email your Version 5 data file to us and we'll upgrade it for you. You can email it to us as follows:-
- Compose a new message in your email software
- Click on the paperclip ("Attachments") icon, then you'll be prompted to select a file
- Navigate to the "Documents" folder, then the "Cashbook Data" folder, and find your Cashbook data file (e.g. MyCompany.CB)
- After attaching your file, send the email to "email@example.com"
Don't forget to mention that you're emailing your file to us to be upgraded.